Sports in Cavtat are exclusive and elegant, just like everything else in this coastal town in the municipality of Konavle. In Cavtat you can play tennis or golf, go scuba diving, sailing or hiking. Life in the open air and the amazing landscapes in this quiet area in Croatia are two of the best reasons to do sports during your holiday in Cavtat – with your family, with friends or with your loved one.
Sports in Cavtat
- Diving in the coast of Konavle: The southern coast of Konavle has lots of treasures from ships that sank in Roman times. Diving in either of the two bays protecting Cavtat is a unique experience where archaeology and marine biology come together. There are many different diving clubs offering well-organised, safe activities.
- Hiking in Cavtat: A landscape full of contrasts, where you can find vineyards, olive groves, traditional houses, typical farmhouses… Konavle has a comprehensive network of trails to explore the hills mildly rolling into Obod and Cavtat bays. A hiking tour in the area is an experience in unique places for a chosen few.
- Yachting in Tiha bay: Cavtat is a perfect place for yachting and other nautical sports. Besides the splendid waters of Tiha and Sustjepan bays, there is a luxury marina where sailboats are for rent to explore the southern coast of Croatia and visit the little islands along the coastline. The calm Adriatic Sea promises safe, peaceful rides all year round.
- Playing golf in Dubrovnik: Dubrovnik, in the region of Dalmatia, features some of the best-equipped golf clubs in Croatia. They offer 18-hole courses and all kinds of facilities for golfers, but what makes them unique is the landscape framing them: the high mountains in southern Croatia, a pebble’s throw from the border with Montenegro, and the blue water of the Adriatic Sea.
- Playing tennis in Cavtat: Tennis is one of the most popular sports in Cavtat. There are several clubs in the area offering players top-rate courts and state-of-the-art facilities.