Hotels in Cavtat
If you want to know what to do in Cavtat, you just have to take a look at the spectacular nature around you and let go. This small medieval village affords unique experiences to all kinds of visitors, from the curious and the intrepid to the fun and the romantic – and, above all, to everyone who wants to have a great holiday by the Adriatic Sea. Sunset at Tiha bay, sailboat rides to the beautiful town of Supetar on the island of Brač, nightlife in Dubrovnik… You name it!
Experiences in Cavtat: What to do
- Eating at a traditional konoba in Cavtat: The charming town streets and the neighbouring villages have great culinary venues to discover the genuine Croatian gastronomy, full of Mediterranean flavours. Freshly caught fish, typical fruit and vegetables, gentle Konavle wines, cheese… A feast for your senses.
- Sunset at Tiha bay: Sheltered by spectacular mountain ranges, Tiha bay is one of the best places to watch the sun go down in southern Croatia. Far from the madding crowd, in a relaxed and cosy atmosphere, sit on the sand and see how the sun gets lost in the horizon, in a festival of orange, reddish and golden hues.
- Wine tour in Konavle: There is a tourist train carrying visitors along the Konavle valley to the main wineries in the area. Besides trying the delicious local wines, you can have a typical country afternoon meal, see an old flour mill at work, learn about traditional wool trades or buy valuable local crafts.
- Boat ride to Lokrum: Renting a tourist boat to reach the island of Lokrum from Dubrovnik is one of the best experiences you can have in Cavtat. Designated a nature reserve, Lokrum is famous for its exotic vegetation, with plants and fruit trees from all over the world. It also has a fort, built in 1806, and a seawater lake, Mrtvo More, where you can have a swim.
- A day in Dubrovnik: A prominent tourist destination in the region of Dalmatia, in the south of Croatia, Dubrovnik is like a museum city, taking you back in time to the Middle Ages. Steep streets, impressively well-preserved walls, an ice-cream along a pier by the sea, traditional mansions and a romantic dinner with views of the Adriatic Sea are some of the things that can fill a special day here.