Culture: Cape Verde
Most important festivals of Cabo Verde
- From February to March. Carnivals in Praia and Mindelo. Cape Verde has one of the most impressive carnivals which has become the main festive event of the country. The most popular carnival celebrations are in the cities of Praia and Mindelo, where people take to the streets and dance to music.
- June 23. St. John in Cabo Verde. On the island of San Antonio, beginning from the town of Ribeira das Patas the image of the saint is carried in a procession to the church of San Juan Bautista in Porto Novo, a distance of 13 miles, accompanied by music and songs.
- June. Tabanka Celebrations. The people of Santiago also hold a procession in honor of St. John. On this day, there are also parades of people dressed in costumes and skits performed about everyday life.
- September 29. The Batuka and Funama Festival. It’s a folk music festival held in the town of Calheta Sao Miguel.
- May 19. The Gamboa Festival. This is an internationally famous music festival that takes place in Santiago.
HOTELS IN CAPE VERDE
Hotels in Cape Verde
IBEROSTAR Club Boa Vista
From 82€ person/night (Taxes included)Kids free!View more
At Iberostar we care about the little ones. Enjoy your stay and bring your kids along for free: 1st child aged 7 to 16 stays for free (from 01/01/2016 to 06/30/2016).