Culture: Canary Islands
Places of interest in the Canary Islands
- Mirador del Río
- Cueva de los Verdes
- Temeos del Agua
- Cactus Garden
- International Contemporary Art Museum
- Castle of San José
- House Museum of the Farmer and monument of fertility
- Timanfaya National Park (Fire Mountains)
- Cesar Manrique Foundation, the most internationally known artist of Lanzarote (1919-1992)
The most important festivals in the Canary Islands
- Carnivals on the Canary Islands. Each of the Canary Islands has its own carnival. The carnival of Santa Cruz de Tenerife and Las Palmas de Gran Canaria are the most famous, and attract thousands of people every year. It is a spectacle of lights and excitement to behold.
- Pilgrimages. Multitudinous processions in honor of the patrons of different localities which mix the religious with the festive and traditional spirit of the time. For example,is the feast of "Our Lady of Sorrows", patron saint of Lanzarote, which takes place in mid-September and brings together all the people of Lanzarote in Mancha Blanca.