Planning what to do in Boavista is a very easy task. The island is not densely populated but offers a host of unique experiences to enjoy with your family or your beloved one. You can watch sea turtles hatching on João Barrosa beach, swim in a volcanic lake or watch the sunset on an empty beach… Boavista has wonderful things for visitors of all ages.
Experiences in Boavista: What to do
- A day out in Ocho de Mar natural pool: Located in the area of Morro Negro, Ocho de Mar is a wonderful natural swimming pool carved out of lava by the waves. The place is ideal for families with kids and for couples, and can be reached in a lovely 30min walk.
- Turtle watching in João Barrosa: João Barrosa beach, between Punta Ervatão and Praia Curral Velho, puts on a wonderful show, since Boavista is one of the two places in the Atlantic Ocean where loggerhead sea turtles nest. You cannot miss the view of the turtles taking care of their offspring and the baby turtles making their way to the ocean.
- Sunset in Praia Santa Mónica: Almost 18km in length, Santa Mónica is considered to be the most beautiful beach on earth and an ideal spot to watch the sun go down with your partner, far away from it all, wrapped in a sandy envelope under a turquoise blue sky. You can also pack your picnic basket and have romantic dinner under the stars by the sea.
- Safari across Viana Desert: Rent a jeep or a quad bike and head off for a ‘sand’ safari in Viana Desert, visiting the small oasis, relaxing on the vast expanse of sand… A fun, exciting experience in Boavista. Admire the beauty of the place while driving a jeep or riding a quad bike on endless sands.
- Nightlife in Sal Rei: Sal Rei is the capital of Boavista and the largest urban centre on the island. With a population of about 3,000, it has a lively nightlife that attracts visitors in search of traditional dishes like cachupa, the national alcoholic beverage (grogue), Cape Verdean music or narrow streets to walk in good company.
- Fun on Praia de Diante: The kids and youths meet in the afternoon to have fun on Praia de Diante beach, one of the liveliest places in Boavista, just across Sal Rei. The little ones play in the water while teens play beach football and adults go fishing or play the strategy board game called uril or oware in the nearby streets. Come to the beach and mix and mingle with the locals: you will have a good time with them.
HOTELS IN BOAVISTA
Hotels in Boavista
IBEROSTAR Club Boa Vista
From 57€ person/night (Taxes included)Kids free!View more
At Iberostar we care about the little ones. Enjoy your stay and bring your kids along for free: 1st child aged 2 to 14 stays for free (from 06/01/2015 to 10/31/2015). 2nd child aged 2 to 14 stays for free (from 06/01/2015 to 10/31/2015).