Alcudia is one of the Majorcan municipalities with the strongest sporting traditions. It is the venue of leading international races and competitions, and boasts extraordinary natural settings for kitesurfing, trekking, hiking, Nordic walking or horseback riding, as well as for more traditional sports like cycling, sailing or golf.
Sports in Alcudia
- Nordic walking in Alcudia: Nordic walking enthusiasts will find in Alcudia a genuine paradise for doing this sport that has become more and more popular. There are well-signposted trails bordering the Mediterranean Sea.
- Kitesurfing in Alcudia bay: Surfers and kitesurfers gather in this location in Majorca even when the waters are as calm as the Mediterranean Sea can be. Gentle winds and currents in the strait of Menorca give shape to an ideal scenario to become king of the waves.
- Kayaking in Aucanada: The calm waters of this lovely little beach offer the chance to go kayaking near the seashore and reach unspoilt beaches and coves that are only accessible by boat. There are also calm, crystal-clear waters for snorkelling.
- Cycle touring in the north of Majorca: From Alcudia to Pollença, Can Picafort or the Formentor lighthouse… On this coast of spectacular bays, there are bike lanes running by the seashore. You can get fit enjoying Majorca’s mild temperatures. There are well-signposted routes as well as a number of back roads ready to be explored.
- Horseback riding in Alcudia: Majorca is an ideal place for horseback riding, especially in Alcudia, which offers a number of schools and companies that take you on a horseback tour of wonderful coastal sights.
- Golf in the north of Majorca: A day playing golf in the northern part of the island makes a great experience you will remember forever. The beautiful landscape at the foot of Sierra de Tramuntana, very close to the sea, the silence and the class of visitors have turned the area and its golf courses into a genuine golf lovers’ paradise.