The festivals and feasts in Agadir are characterised by the traditional foods they serve during most celebrations. Music is another pillar on which popular festivals rely. Visitors can get to know the deeply-rooted traditions of Agadir taking part in these events, where locals add a wealth of joy and fun.
Major events in Agadir
- March – Hassan II Golf Trophy: This golf tournament is one of the oldest in the world, as it was first staged 40 years ago in this coastal city in Morocco. It is a one-week event that gathers the top golfers on Earth.
- 5 March – Enduro d’Agadir & X Rally: Traditional race that finishes in this coastal town after a long circuit divided into several stages: from Marrakesh to Taroudant, Tafraoute, Tiznit and Agadir. The entire four-leg race covers 1,200km.
- June – Honey Festival: The Honey Festival is held in the mountain village of Imouzzer des Ida Outanane, where honey takes centre stage as the main ingredient in the traditional sweets of the country. Amlou, for instance, is a sweet made with toasted almonds, honey and argan oil.
- Late June – Timitar Festival: This festival has kept the Berber culture alive and kicking across the country and beyond its borders. Every new edition gathers the best Berber bands and artists. Three days of traditional and contemporary artistic expressions in a unique atmosphere in town.
- 30 July – Throne Day: The major national holiday, Throne Day commemorates the accession of King Mohammed V to the throne. If celebrations are held everywhere in Morocco with parades and fireworks, the most attractive take place in the capital, where the King reads his annual speech the day before.
- November – Shellfish & Fish Fair: The vitality of the fishing port of Agadir and the Moroccan culinary tradition taking inspiration from the sea gave birth to the annual Shellfish and Fish Fair, where visitors can try the best Atlantic seafood recipes.
- December – Agadir Festival: The main festival in the city of Agadir takes place in December. Here, the sun shines even in winter and the streets get filled with music, joy and shows of all kinds featuring artists from all over the world.
HOTELS IN AGADIR
Hotels in Agadir
IBEROSTAR Founty Beach
From 48€ person/night (Taxes included)Kids free!View more
At Iberostar we care about the little ones. Enjoy your stay and bring your kids along for free: 1st child aged 2 to 14 stays for free (from 01/01/2015 to 04/30/2016).